Intrusive Investigations using the Geoprobe
The geoprobe is mounted on a small self-propelled tracked vehicle making the system highly mobile, capable of sampling in most terrains down to a depth of 25 meters. It can sample groundwater, soil and soil-gas in all granular and cohesive soils and will penetrate tarmac and concrete with ease.
The main advantages of geoprobe sampling include:
- Rapid deployment and sampling times.
- Minimal physical and chemical disturbance of the sample giving a high degree of sample integrity and excellent data quality.
- Containment of soil samples within a clear liner enabling areas of contamination to be recorded visually.
- Minimal disruption of surfaces as the small 50 mm hole produces little spoil and can easily be backfilled.
- Only 10% of the volume of a traditional borehole needs to be purged on each sampling occasion.
The Geoprobe is the ideal tool for:
- Initial rapid investigations and screens
- Installation of monitoring wells up to 15m.
- Groundwater monitoring and profiling
- Contaminant plume mapping
- Determining the optimum location for permanent monitoring wells
- Sampling in areas containing significant amounts of underground debris
- Sampling inside warehouses, production builds and other confined spaces